TPU films from Wiman Corporation exhibit excellent toughness and are pin-hole free, making them ideal for water circulation devices and other medical applications. TPU is particularly suited for hot and cold therapy devices because of its ability to maintain performance over a wide range of temperatures.
Thermoplastic Polyurethane TPU Film
Wiman Corp is ideal for a wide variety of thermoplastic polyurethane applications. Compared to other polymers, TPU-based film exhibit outstanding toughness, flexibility, and abrasion resistance. In addition, these polymers are extremely versatile and can be formulated for low surface tack, improved light stability, and antimicrobial properties.
TPU Film Manufacturer
A variety of tpu films are derived from three different TPU chemistries, all of which are easily manufactured, formed and fabricated by conventional methods and are receptive to Radio Frequency (RF) welding. Our ether-based grades resist mold and hydrolysis when exposed to water and high humidity environments, while our ester-based grades are generally preferred for applications where the film will be in contact with oils or fuels. For outdoor applications requiring a clear, nonyellowing product, our aliphatic TPUs are preferred.
TPU Film Supplier
Wiman Corp, a TPU film supplier, has all these grades available in a range of sizes and surface embossments. Traditionally, TPU film is a natural/clear color; however, custom color matching and other tailored performance attributes are available upon request. Plasticizers are typically not required as TPU is inherently soft. It is also notable that the softness or hardness of these polymers remains relatively consistent over a wide temperature range for extended periods of time.
- Exhibit outstanding toughness, flexibility, and abrasion resistance
- Available in a range of surface embossments
- Offered in a clear/natural color with custom color matching options available
- Hardness or softness remains relatively constant over wide temperature ranges for extended periods of time
- Can be formulated for low surface tack, improved light stability, and antimicrobial properties
- Create further functionality by laminating TPU film and TPU blend films with other films, non-woven fabrics, and/or knit fabrics
- Ability to tailor performance by blending other polymers
Common TPU Film Sizes & Capabilities:
- Thicknesses of 8 – 60 mils are available in widths up to 60”
- Thicknesses of 60 – 125 mils are available in widths up to 48”
For further functionality, we have the ability to laminate TPU film and TPU blend films with other films (dual durometer), non-woven fabrics, and/or knit fabrics.
As a custom tpu manufacturer of extruded film, Wiman Corporation works with customers and suppliers to ensure that their specific requirements are met. For data on our most commonly extruded TPU products, please see the page 2 or visit www.wimancorp.com.
Commonly Extruded TPU Products
This information is intended to be used only as a guideline. Data are obtained from specimens extruded under carefully controlled conditions from representative samples of the materials described herein. Properties may be materially affected by the size and shape of the item as well as environmental conditions. No assurance can be implied that all articles will have the same properties as those listed.