- Wiman extrusion laminated film is pinhole-free and is ideal for air, fluid, and gas bladders. Conventional off-line lamination with adhesive may pull, tear, and distort cold film in the lamination process which often results in pinholes.
- Eliminating adhesive means smoother, even material with no “glue bulges” that can cause a “boardy” hand, no underglued spots that can delaminate, and no concerns over the purity, odor, or biocompatibility of an often “unknown” adhesive. Eliminating adhesive reduces a key source of product variation in laminated films.
- Single site film production and lamination means a shorter, streamlined supply chain with reduced transportation costs, and single source accountability.
Wiman can customize extrusion laminated films and fabrics in many permutations, even creating a “sandwich” of film/fabric/film, or fabric/film/fabric. We are expert at combining our films with textiles including:
- Non-woven (Polyester, PP, rayon, blends)
- Unbroken Loop for hook and loop fastener (Nylon, Polyester)
- Brushed Polyester
- Woven Scrim
- Poly/Cotton Woven
- Coated Fiberglass
- Wiman can also toll laminate most fabrics and polymers that you provide.
Many of these laminate films can be incorporate a host of engineered properties. Typical film coatings are PVC vinyl, TPU polyurethane, EVA/polyolefin blend. Other polymers are available. Film coatings can be thin or thick. 0.005” to 0.050” is a typical range.