Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU) is a tough, versatile elastomer which is ideal for many applications. TPU is inherently soft and generally requires no plasticizers. The hardness or softness of thermoplastic polyurethane remains relatively constant over a wide temperature range for extended periods of time. TPU is easily formed and fabricated by conventional methods and is receptive to RF welding.
For further functionality we laminate TPU and TPU blend films with other films (dual durometer), non-woven fabrics, hook receptive loop fabric, and reinforcing scrims to create new properties.
Wiman offers most unsupported TPU grades in film thicknesses from 0.006” to 0.125” (0.2 – 3.175 mm). Thermoplastic polyurethane on silicone coated release liner is available in thicknesses from 0.003” to 0.012” (0.075 – 0.305 mm).
For tailored performances, we offer blends of TPU with other polymers:
- TPU and PVC blends – improved abrasion resistance, low temperature flexibility, and stretch recovery. Used in high abrasion and abuse applications such as tent flooring and industrial hose.
- TPU and MABS blends – Methyl methacrylate ABS – good low temperature properties and paintability. Cut resistant. Excellent contact clarity. Used as a protective surface on outdoor sports equipment.
- TPU and PC blends – Good clarity, improved elongation plus solvent and environmental stress resistance versus polycarbonate.
- TPU and PETG blends – Contact clear, RF weldable
- TPU and Nofia™ Copolymers blends – Clear flame retardant non-halogen thermoplastic polyurethane. Soft or hard, with potential use as flame resistant clean room walls.